MasterEmaco® P 5000 (formerly known as Emaco Nanocrete AP)
Single component, cement based, multi-use, bonding and active protective primer
MasterEmaco P 5000 active primer, not only reinstates a high pH environment it also contains active corrosion inhibiting additives for the protection of reinforcement steel. It can also be used as an adhesive bonding slurry for subsequent repair mortars. When mixed with water, it forms a slurry that can be applied by brush to the clean exposed reinforcement, or directly on the dampened, prepared concrete substrate when used as a bonding coat.
MasterEmaco P 5000 is used for the protection of reinforcement steel:
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- When steel is visible and the available depth of cover is less than 10 mm
- When concrete is contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments when extra protection is specified
- With MasterEmaco R 5200CI repairs when steel is visible
- When the timing at the jobsite does not allow for the repair mortars to be applied immediately after cleaning the steel MasterEmaco P 5000 can also be used to aid bond and application properties of hand applied repair mortars in extreme thicknesses and conditions.
- Meets all major international norms - for steel priming in concrete repair systems.
- Excellent rust inhibiting properties - as it reinstates a high pH environment.
- Contains active corrosion inhibitors - to further protect the steel.
- Polymer modified -for additional adhesive bond to the steel.
- Long life repairs - Does not reduce adhesion of repair mortars to steel
- Wide Compatibility -with steel reinforcing bars and concrete or repair mortars.
- Fast curing -to save time and money
- Simply mixing –just add water
- Multi-use - can also be used as a bonding slurry to improve bond and application thicknesses of MasterEmaco repair mortars on prepared concrete surfaces.
- Light grey/off white colour - for easy site control of reinforcement coverage
- Only use what is needed -Supplied in reusable air-tight containers
- Low hazard -Low chromate (Cr[VI] < 2 ppm)